After over a month, Astro has been formally cleared of the car-key-eating allegations. Don't get me wrong, he still eats everything, but he definitely didn't eat the keys.
DH was doing a little outdoor work today (since it was actually pleasant to be outside). He was wearing his field jacket, and felt this bump in the pocket. Only the bump wasn't in the pocket; it was in another pocket hidden under the first pocket (which is sort of an exterior flap pocket). There were the missing keys and clicker. He waved them at me in triumph, while Astro wagged his big doofy tail in all innocence.
His explanation when accused of not thoroughly checking his pockets at the time of the disappearance (though he swore he had), and when I wondered how he could have worn this coat multiple times since the disappearance without noticing this odd-shaped object in one pocket: "I didn't realize there was another pocket underneath!"
Next time, I'm checking the pockets.
DH was doing a little outdoor work today (since it was actually pleasant to be outside). He was wearing his field jacket, and felt this bump in the pocket. Only the bump wasn't in the pocket; it was in another pocket hidden under the first pocket (which is sort of an exterior flap pocket). There were the missing keys and clicker. He waved them at me in triumph, while Astro wagged his big doofy tail in all innocence.
His explanation when accused of not thoroughly checking his pockets at the time of the disappearance (though he swore he had), and when I wondered how he could have worn this coat multiple times since the disappearance without noticing this odd-shaped object in one pocket: "I didn't realize there was another pocket underneath!"
Next time, I'm checking the pockets.

No comments:
Post a Comment