Why on earth would anyone be impressed by one of these? And why would anyone think other people would be impressed by one of these? If I ever see some in a parking lot, I may have to cut them off!
I must say though, I'm impressed Newsweek would cover redneck culture at this low level.
Spring has sprung here in Pennsylvania. The tulips and daffodils are poking up. The air is milder. Leaf buds are appearing. And Primary Day is less than a month off.
The dinner-hour robo-calls have already begun (Thanks, Hillary!). So much for having an unlisted number. I realize it's a lot cheaper to have a machine make your campaign calls instead of live humans (even if they're live humans with fake American names in some call bank in India). But WHY would any candidate think that robo-calling someone would make them want to vote for you? If you're going to make campaign calls at all (and I wish you wouldn't), for the love of God spend the money to have real people make them instead of a recording. Honestly, does anyone enjoy getting these calls? Even if it's somebody famous on the recording?
I've always sworn not to vote for anyone who robo-calls me. If Obama tries this, I'm screwed. It may come down to whomever robo-calls me less.
I must say though, I'm impressed Newsweek would cover redneck culture at this low level.
Spring has sprung here in Pennsylvania. The tulips and daffodils are poking up. The air is milder. Leaf buds are appearing. And Primary Day is less than a month off.
The dinner-hour robo-calls have already begun (Thanks, Hillary!). So much for having an unlisted number. I realize it's a lot cheaper to have a machine make your campaign calls instead of live humans (even if they're live humans with fake American names in some call bank in India). But WHY would any candidate think that robo-calling someone would make them want to vote for you? If you're going to make campaign calls at all (and I wish you wouldn't), for the love of God spend the money to have real people make them instead of a recording. Honestly, does anyone enjoy getting these calls? Even if it's somebody famous on the recording?
I've always sworn not to vote for anyone who robo-calls me. If Obama tries this, I'm screwed. It may come down to whomever robo-calls me less.

2 comments:
I've seen one of those things in person, unfortunately. A neighbor has one on his jeep. It's ridiculous. (It's also a bit embarrassing to admit you have neighbors like that...)
I think this my first time commenting here; I found your blog via your guest post for On Balance.
Thanks for visiting! I have yet to see my first one...I'm sure it won't be long!
Post a Comment